Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 27, 2013

I get it all second hand

How do I write about my family and not hurt them as I do it? I'm in Older Sister Hell and things aren't looking very bright. Alcoholism is an issue. Sleeping hours is an issue (i.e., stay up until dawn and then sleep all day). But I can't talk about it because it's a family thing, and we don't even talk to each other about things. My partner just got home from work and had a somewhat lengthy talk with my younger sister, and all I'd gotten out of her all day long was an occasional "okay." But who the hell knows if my family reads my blog. Probably not.

Aaaaaaanyway, I'm thinking about NANOWRIMO since it's creeping up on us fast, and wondering if I should try my hand at erotica. Lesbian erotica. I think I could handle the erotica part, it is the short story part that I'm not sure about. Can I make up some junk story to wrap around the luscious bits? I don't know.

I do know that my second book has been edited and I just need to get together with the editor to talk things through and then do more rewrites. And more rewrites. And more rewrites. I can't wait.

Okay, so now I have an author page on Amazon:  https://www.amazon.com/author/angelascannell
That's nice. Clean and simple and easy to remember. As long as you can spell my last name.

For those following me, I've pretty much lost all wishes to have a cigarette (finally!) and seem to be doing well as a non-smoker. Go me!

No comments:

Post a Comment