Search This Blog

Friday, August 30, 2013

Getting Motivated

Writing is about the hardest thing I could do right now. It's so hard to concentrate -- I know, ask your doc for pills. But no, really, I have enough pills. I'm managing to get through about one chapter a day in my final editing process of this my second novel written during NANOWRIMO.

Don't know NANOWRIMO? It's November 1-30, National Novel Writers Month. There's a website where you can join in with thousands of other writers to challenge yourself to write at least 50,000 words in that one month. I've done it three times and I love it. You have to write every day or you'll fall behind, and I'm up for that kind of a challenge. Last year I challenged myself to write twice as many words each day than are required to finish on time, and I was at least a week early in completing my 50K words. I can't wait for this year. I'm considering erotica, but I don't know if that would work for me. I've created this world in IN YOUR EYES and I don't know if I'm ready to let that go yet. So far there are 4 books in that series, but only the first one (mentioned above) is published. Hope to publish book two, EYES THAT BIND, in the next few months so I can put my full attention on NANOWRIMO once again.  Check it out if you write at all:  www.nanowrimo.com.

Okay, back to editing. I'm trying so hard!

And for those of you who are in the process of quitting smoking -- you can do it! It hasn't effected my writing at all! So do it if you're still chained to those cigs. You'll be so glad you do. And there's a great community at www.quitnet.com that can be a huge support to you in your battle to beat the nicodemon. I'm on day 270 free of cigarettes, and I'm psyched! I really can do this, and you can too!

Take care, all. Love and Hugs!

Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment