Search This Blog

Saturday, October 6, 2012

The Blank Page

Having a hard time writing these days. Went 16 days without a cigarette, and then started smoking again. I just couldn't help it. And I've got the worst case of writer's block you can't even imagine. I'm looking at two half finished stories and don't know where to go with either one of them. I'm not a writer who outlines her stories. Maybe I should be. But I'm a "pantser" - someone who flies by the seat of their pants. NaNoWriMo starts in less than a month, and I'm not sure what to do about it. Should I finish one of my ongoing stories or start something new? What would I write? Who knows?!

I'm also wondering which Region I should be a part of as a NaNoWriMo-er. Should I be a part of the NC:elsewhere group that doesn't have a region, or should I join with Raleigh-Durham or maybe Chapel Hill? They're both very close by and I'd have more of a chance to meet other writers if I joined one of those. I'm thinking Durham...

So how do you get over writer's block? You just write, they say, so that's what I'm doing now. Here I am! I hope ya'll enjoy what I write. I want to finish those two half-done books so that I'll have a real series of books going, but part of me wants to just ditch them and start fresh. There are only a few of you who've shown any interest in a series...maybe if you left me a comment on what you'd prefer?

I'm still trying to give away a free copy of IN YOUR EYES (or the sequel) to one of 10 people who leaves me a comment but I'm not getting comments. Maybe if I changed the way I write, like that would ever happen. Well, off to the drawing board (blank!) Have a happy day!

No comments:

Post a Comment